Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Transfer Station comes though!

  1. #1
    MovieStuff
    Guest MovieStuff's Avatar

    Post

    This is from the "other" forum, but I thought people would want to hear about it:


    "Steve E. Williams" <[email protected]> wrote:

    "I just got my fotoage back telecined to MiniDV and it looks fantastic. Some of the footage was months old, battered Super8Sound (pro8mm) stuff that I had transferred to video in Burbank before. It looks o much better and cleaner than the Pro8 stuff. The transfers at Pro8mm were far too grainy & saturated of any color at all. These maintained the reds and skin tones very well. Doug at the Transfer Station is a genius. They have a Rank Cinetel wetgate for Super 8. USE THEM !!!!"
    www.thetransferstation.com

    There you have it. A side by side comparison where the Transfer Station looks better than Pro8mm transfers. $150 an hour, too.

    Pretty cool.

    Roger Evans

  2. #2
    jocko
    Guest jocko's Avatar

    Post

    I did consider using them on my 16mm feature for transfer(135.00/HR)...but I wanna supervise the sessions..so I'll be using my old friends at NFL films in NJ..but on upcoming music video's I'll be trying them in Super-8 and 16mm..they seem like really nice people.

    Neil

    ------------------

  3. #3
    Alex
    Guest Alex's Avatar

    Post

    Neil-

    NFL Films...way cool!

    Have you considered pitching them on Slow-Motion Filming in Super-8 for their football games...not to replace their 16mm and 35mm rigs, But the Beaulieu 4008's and the Nikon R-10's be be use as kind of a floater camera for shooting the action in slow-motion.

    Could be a cool gig. The cameras are so portable and unobtrusive.

    What do you think?

    -Alex

    ------------------

  4. #4
    jocko
    Guest jocko's Avatar

    Post

    Alex,
    I did a couple of games freelance back in 1980 in 16mm..And did a commercial that had some Super-8 footage with the Philadelphia Eagles..they are great folks at NFL films.

    Neil

    ------------------

  5. #5
    xclark
    Guest xclark's Avatar

    Post

    wow, i've always wanted to be a NFL Films cameraman. how do you get this gig, besides being a great, great cameraman?

    clark

    ------------------

  6. #6
    jocko
    Guest jocko's Avatar

    Post

    How else do you get a gig in this business...I knew the owners of NFL Films...and believe me, I'm a sucky Cameraman..that's why I hire DP's..And It was a hard gig...trying to get shots with drunken fans bumping into you and spilling beer on you and your camera..all the while trying to get on TV(or so they thought)..and I used a ARRI-S/400'mag..not an easy camera to hand hold for 4hrs...I only did about 6 games..mostly fan reaction shots/sign holders/freaks..it was ugly

    Neil

    ------------------

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •